Welcome to the ASTD Suncoast Chapter
The Suncoast Florida Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) is a nonprofit professional association serving both local and national members in the Suncoast region of Florida. The ASTD Suncoast Florida Chapter is a local chapter affiliated with the National ASTD The chapter's members are practitioners, managers, administrators, educators, students and researchers who work in the field of training and human resource development.
To be the organization of choice for workplace learning and performance professionals in the greater Tampa Bay area by achieving world class chapter distinction.
To provide an environment for members to network and exchange ideas about the advancement of workplace learning and development by meeting national standards, creating opportunities for members to share their knowledge for higher achievement, employment, and cultural enrichment.
- Creativity/innovation - thinking outside the box
- Growth - investing in lifelong learning and personal development
- Accountability - taking responsibility for both actions and outcomes
- Service - serving the community
Wisdom - having deep understanding and insight
- Member satisfaction - guaranteed
Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics provides guidance to individuals to be self-managed workplace learning-and-performance professionals. Clients and employers should expect the highest possible standards of personal integrity, professional competence, sound judgment and discretion. Developed by the profession for the profession, the Code of Ethics is the public declaration of workplace learning and performance professionals obligations to themselves, their profession, and society.
I strive to:
- recognize the rights and dignities of each individual.
- develop human potential.
- provide my employer, clients, and learners with the highest-level quality education, training, and development.
- comply with all copyright laws and the laws and regulations governing my position.
- keep informed of pertinent knowledge and competence in the workplace learning and performance field.
- maintain confidentiality and integrity in the practice of my profession.
- support my peers and to avoid conduct which impedes their practicing their profession.
- conduct myself in an ethical and honest manner.
- improve the public understanding of workplace learning and performance.
- fairly and accurately represent my workplace learning and performance credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability.
- contribute to the continuing growth of the profession.